The Lund Sewer System has been owned, operated and maintained by the qathet Regional District since its construction in 1993 and now serves approximately 200 households and several businesses. The regional district is committed to providing cost-effective waste-water service to all commercial and residential customers in the Lund service area.
Much has been done in recent years to repair the system and extend its useful life. A summary of the main completed and planned works is provided below.
- The Rotating Biological Contactor (RBC), the main treatment system component, has been replaced.
- The steel clarifier tank has been repaired and recoated to prevent further corrosion damage.
- A concrete tank has been constructed to replace the existing, deteriorated steel primary and flow equalization tank.
- Generators will be purchased to provide back-up power to the pump stations and the treatment plant in the event of power outages.
- Pumps in the treatment system and pump stations have been replaced as needed. Annual pump inspections and servicing will maximize the useful life of the pumps.
Residential and commercial users can do a lot to help keep the sewer system in good working order. This will extend its useful life and delay the need for costly replacements. Please
- Use the system only for its intended purpose, i.e., to dispose of sewage and waste water.
- Do not put large objects or items that will not decompose down the toilets or drains.
- Avoid putting dental floss or other stringy items down the toilet or drains because they can jam pump impellors. This is especially important for those who have small household pumps.
- Do not put large amounts of grease down the drain. Grease clogs the sewer lines and damages pumps.
- Install and regularly maintain a grease trap if you are a commercial user regularly preparing food.
- Minimize flushing and water usage during power outages.
- If you have a household pump, maintain your pump and pump station regularly. Maintenance procedures are available from the Regional District office.
Bylaw No. 194.19 sets out the Lund sewer user fee rates.
Invoices are sent out to customers annually each April. Invoices may be paid in full or in two installments, one being due on May 31st and the second being due on October 31st. A reminder is sent out to those paying in installments in late September.
Invoices can be paid with cash, cheque, Visa, MasterCard, or debit card.
Mail cheques to qathet Regional District, #202 – 4675 Marine Avenue, Powell River, BC V8A 2L2 or stop by our office to pay by cash, debit card or credit card.
Lund Sewer Contact Information
For general inquiries or to report a problem with the sewer contact our System Operator, Courtney Robertson at 604 414-0230.
For technical information, requirements for new service connections or sewer regulations contact Operational Services at 604-487-1380 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For billing inquiries contact our Accounting Clerk at 604-485-2260 or email@example.com.