The Powell River Regional District is a federation whose members include:
- City of Powell River.
- Electoral Area A – covers the area west of the city boundary to Desolation Sound, and includes the Malaspina Peninsula, the community of Lund and Savary and Hernando Islands, and excludes Tla’amin Nation lands.
- Electoral Area B – covers the area east of the city boundary to Whalen Road and includes Paradise Valley and properties outside the city on Nootka, Covey and Tanner Streets, and excludes Tla’amin Nation lands.
- Electoral Area C – covers the area east from Whalen Road to Jervis Inlet, and includes the communities of Black Point, Kelly Creek, Lang Bay, Stillwater and Saltery Bay.
- Electoral Area D – covers all of Texada Island and includes the communities of Blubber Bay, Van Anda and Gillies Bay.
- Electoral Area E – covers all of Lasqueti Island and some small surrounding islands.