The Powell River Regional District is a federation whose members include:
- City of Powell River
- Area A: covers the area northwest of the city boundary to Desolation Sound, and includes the Malaspina Peninsula, the community of Lund and Savary and Hernando Islands, and excludes Tla’amin Nation lands.
- Area B: covers the area southeast of the city boundary to Whalen Road and includes Paradise Valley and properties outside the city on Nootka, Covey and Tanner Streets, and excludes Tla’amin Nation lands.
- Area C: covers the area southeast from Whalen Road to Jervis Inlet, and includes the communities of Black Point, Kelly Creek, Lang Bay, Stillwater and Saltery Bay.
- Area D: covers all of Texada Island and includes the communities of Blubber Bay, Van Anda and Gillies Bay, and excludes Tla’amin Nation land.
- Area E: covers all of Lasqueti Island and some small surrounding islands.