The Planning Department provides land use planning services to Electoral Areas A, B, C and D of qathet Regional District. The City of Powell River and Tla’amin Nation have their own planning departments, and Electoral Area E (Lasqueti Island) receives planning services from the Islands Trust. Principal functions of the Planning Department are to:
- prepare official community plans, bylaws and policies to guide land use and development for consideration by the Board
- support community engagement in the land use planning process
- serve the community by responding to a wide range of inquiries and applications related to the use and development of land
- administer land use bylaws and policies
- act as a resource to the Board on regional planning
Get in touch with the Planning Department by phone at 604 485-2260 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Civic Addressing (House Number)
The regional district assigns civic addresses in the electoral areas. To request a civic address, contact the Planning Department by phone at 604 485-2260 or email at email@example.com. A visible civic address is critical for provision of emergency services or if you are developing your property.