The Planning Department provides land use planning services to Electoral Areas A, B, C and D of the Powell River Regional District (PRRD). The City of Powell River and Sliammon (Tla’amin) First Nation have their own planning departments and Electoral Area E (Lasqueti Island) receives its planning services from the Islands Trust.
Principal functions of the Planning Department are:
- to prepare official community plans, bylaws and policies to guide land use and development for consideration by the PRRD Board
- to support community engagement in the land use planning process
- to serve the community by responding to a wide range of inquiries and applications related to the use and development of land
- to administer PRRD land use bylaws and policies
- to act as a resource to the PRRD Board on planning matters
For more information check out the links below or contact the Planning Department by phone at 604 485-2260 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More About the PRRD Planning Department